Shine Hope Smile Love [pt.I]

Today I died, today I was reborn.

I am a new person.

Polyphonic Spree.

I want to **** Goddesses, I want to shoot the purest Herion into my veins.

Nothing will compare to the thing which I jsut witnessed.

My life will never be the same. Music in the 4th dimension.

It is important that you understand what I am talking about.

There is no possible way to properly fathom the experience I just had.

All I can do I write words... it is an experience that one could only have in real life.

The emotional state, the adrenaline, the full range of sounds, the choreography, the hype hype hype...

I'm telling you. You will never see a better show than one given by the Polyphonic Spree.

They redefine music.

Now I will do my best to tell in words what is completely impossible.

Here goes...

Me, Gabriel, and Brad are at Cold Stone at Summerfest in Milwaukee when we here this amazing sound coming from a nearby stage...

We go to investigate and are instantly entranced. We see a band of about 27 kids about our age all singing and playing a huge spectrum of instruments.

There was one lead singer and a group of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in the background singing also... pianos, drums, horns, flutes, chimes, a harp..... it keeps going.

The hype was unbelievable. It blows my mind that I never never heard of this band before.

It blows my mind that the crowd was so relatively small.

The lead singer tells us that this will be the last song.

As they sing, each member slowly leaves the stage, until it is only the crowd singing the chorus.

The next thing you know the whole band is dressed as angels running thru the crowd, then they go back on stage and keep playing.

At one point every single member is froze while the leader... who is somewhat Jesus looking and dressed sut walks around.

The leader honestly doesn't know that he is not JC himself by the way he leads the band and the crowd... he is often directing like a master music director... the whole band is constantly moving and smiling and singing.

It was more than my mind could hold.

The greatest band of all time is THE POLYPHONIC SPREE.

No food will ever have taste again.

No sound will ever be so pure.

No feel wil ever be felt again.

Sex will not be the same.

Alcohol and Cigarettes are no longer appealing.

You need in on this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Polyphonic_Spree

The lead singers voice is the purest I've prolly ever heard.

The girls who sing behind him are no less in that area.

I think this band must be seen live to fully understand this audial-orgasm.



This music is all on a whole new plain.

They seem to do alot of covers along with their own stuff..

they push life over the edge.

Seriously... I can't even tell you how good today was.



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




4 comments:

Andrew O said...

think a better term would be aural-orgasm (it means the same thing but could also sound dirty)

Derek said...

haha!

Stratton Tingle said...

Of course, I've known about Polyphonic Spree for years and I'm much more refined and cultured than your Milwaukee's Best ass could ever be. That said, I have the utmost respect for your concert-going experiences as of late. What are you doing to make money? The lead singer is from Trippin Daisies. Do you remember them? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHHHHHHHHHH! I'm beat. But I'm making $50 an hour in Buffalo FUCKING NEW YORK!!!!! (+ overtime) Soon, you will be worshiping me from the VIP seats up in top of the stadium, then you will come back stage where T.I., Justin Timberlake and Joan Rivers will be chilling.

Derek said...

Stratton! How you gonna be holdin out on me like that!? What else are you holdin gout on?

I'm making all of my money off of craigslist...

but it seems i should be in NY!

Youre ballin'! I already worship you!